Saturday, March 26, 2016

An Afternoon on Kauai

A recent trip to Kauai gave me the opportunity to do some landscape photography and presented me with an unexpected gem.
My first stop was the Kilauea Lighthouse. Situated on the point of a peninsula, with majestic cliffs rolling to the sea.
Second stop was along the Kuhio Hwy to shoot the valley entrance to the Jurassic Kahili Ranch. This beautiful valley reaches back to the majestic mountains with their jagged peaks covered by gray and threatening clouds. Many movies have been shoot on this property, yes including the Jurassic Movies.
Next was a stop a little ways down the road to check out an old cemetery. As I walked along looking I came up to a giant tree with vines and foliage growing up into it. Buried in the vegetation was an ancient National Tractor.  
Last was a stop along a Hwy overlook to for some shots of  the Opeakaa Falls.  A  40' wide, 151' tall waterfall in the Wailua River State Park.

Hope you enjoy these as much as I did taking them.
Aloha Nui Loa. 
Aaron

 Kilauea Lighthouse
 Jurassic Kahili Ranch
   Ancient National Tractor
Opeakaa Falls

No comments: