Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Cane Burning


On the way to work yesterday morning as I came up to the Honoapiilani Hwy Intersection, this is what I found. At one point the smoke was so thick I could not see across the street. As 144 years of Sugar Cane production comes to an end. Fewer and fewer green fields of Sugar Cane are visible across the Valley Isle of Maui.
Water Truck driving parallel to the burning field
 Intense. As the flames intensity grows the wind increases as well
 Reflections from my car's roof
 As the flames increase vehicles continue down the Hwy.

A very unique experience. In 20 years living on Maui, I had never been at a cane burning and this is my 3rd field burning in the last month. So glad that I have been able to capture these images that will never be experienced again in Maui.
Have a great week and don't forget the Camera.
Aloha 
Aaron

No comments: