Thursday, September 8, 2016

Elma. WA Wildlife Refuge

After 20 years with Maui Jim Sunglasses on Aug 15th I retired to pursue my passion for photography.  On Aug 19th I moved from Maui to Washington State.  My Corporate Gifts Ohana gifted me with a new Canon 400mm lens.  For the last 4 days as we unpacked our container and moved 90% of our belongings into a storage unit I have stared at the box and wished I had it on my 6D and in my hands.  Today I realized this dream.

I visited the Elma Wildlife Refuge, which is a wetlands area consisting of 5 separate ponds and adjoining lands. A 1 mile walk past 2 of the ponds yielded these photos.    

Bird sitting in Tree
 

Duck floating in one of the 5 ponds around the refuge
 

Rabbit caught on one of the trails through the refuge
 
Flower blooming on a wilting water Lillie reflecting in the pond
 
Beautiful Fireweed blossoms along a trail in the Wildlife Refuge
 
Hope you had a wonderful weekend and remembered to take you camera.
Aloha
Aaron

No comments: