Saturday, May 7, 2016

I know it's been 2 weeks since my last post! Sorry the day job has had me running, mostly without my cameras.  I was able to go out Thursday night, 5th, for the Eta Aquariids Meteor Shower. This is a ruminant of Halley's Comet.  There was absolutely no moon in the sky, she didn't come up until 5:54am on the 6th, so we should have been able to see the predicted 70 per hour.  Unfortunately we saw quite a few less, but we did see a few over the 5 hours we were there.  Weather was exceptionally cooperative with virtually no wind and no rain. Perfect evening for star gazing.

Here are a few photos from the evening:

Haleakala Summit Sunset

Setting sun reflecting off the Observatories Metal Surfaces



 Star Trails above the summit with light reflection thru the open roof of an observatory


One of the few photos that I actually captures any meteors in!



Have a wonderful Photo Weekend.  Get out there and create Art.
Aloha:
Aaron 


No comments: