Sunday, November 27, 2016

Sugar Cane Burning

On the way to work in late June I came up to the Honoapiilani Hwy Intersection heading to Lahaina, this is what I saw across the road.  I pulled over and retrieved my Canon 6D and tripod, only to find out that I had the attachment for my travel tripod that didn't fit the Manfrotto I had with me. Returning to the car to put everything away I noticed the flames reflection off the roof of my White (clean) Civic.  Laying the camera on the edge of the roof, I was able to get these shots.

Water Truck driving parallel to the burning field

As the flames intensity grow closer to the hwy vehicles continue along.

Tree & Flames reflection from Cars roof.
 Wider angle of the above shot

This is the last time that this field will ever be planted or burnt as HC&S discontinues sugar cane production on the island of Maui.

Have a great week and don't forget the camera.

Aloha,
Aaron

No comments: