Sunday, November 27, 2016

Water Drops

Practice, Practice, Practice.
Yesterday I broke out the camera's, yes 2 cameras, Canon 6D & 7D and setup a small light box of white 3/8" foam board.
I tried using my laser to trigger the camera, but didn't have any luck as it was too erratic. Sometimes not triggering at all other times doing continuous shots until I'd turn it off. So I reverted to the old fashion method of counting the drops and firing on the 4th drop as I estimated the time of the cone leaving the waters surface.  Probably had a 20% success rate. Thank the lord for digital technology.

I started with clear water to get distance and focus (I still think I can get the drops more defined as I practice) and then added blue coloring and then red.  Some of these are much more dramatic as the blue was mixed by the balls of red hitting the surface. 

I ended up having the best success with my 7D mark II as the 10-22 lens seemed to be easier to focus and reacted better to the available light.  

Blue/Clear drop suspended about a pool of blue water with rings radiating across the surface.
 

Raising water tower from a pool of red & clear water. 
 

No comments: